How to raise a support ticket
Posted by Mark Lucas (WANdisco) on 05 October 2009 05:04 PM
Summary: How to raise a case to support
This tutorial will show you how to raise a ticket to support. It also shows you how to update, reply to responses, and close a ticket when you're satisfied that your question or problem has been addressed.
Before you raise a ticket
To raise a ticket you need a support account. Don't have a support account yet? Read our guide to Registering for support.
Our support team will be able to provide faster more efficient help if you can attach relevant log files to your ticket:
Raising a new ticket
Follow these steps for raising a new ticket to support. If you want to add further comments to a ticket that our support team is already investigating, go to Viewing an open ticket.
1. Login to the support site (http://support.wandisco.com). Click on Submit a Ticket.
2. Select which product you need support for.
Once you've chosen, click Next >.
3. You'll now see the ticket submission screen. Start by selecting a priority level from the drop-down box.
4. Then enter your software version number, OS and OS version.
Next, enter the subject and the details of your issue.
As with any support inquiry, the more information you provide, the better chance you'll have of getting a speedy fix. We strongly encourage you to attach logs. If you do, tick the 'I have attached the Talkback files below.' box in the Info Collection section of the screen.
5. As you write your message, you may see links to articles in our Knowledgebase appear. These links are generated by the system in real time, based on words and phrases you type into the message box. Before you submit your ticket, check any links that have appeared to see if there's already a solution to your problem available in the Knowledgebase.
Once you've completed entering your information, click Submit.
5. You'll now see a summary screen containing all the information you've provided. Check to make sure you've added everything you intended. However, you can always add further comments at any time.
What happens next?
Your ticket is immediately queued with our support team, who will respond as soon as possible. However, you'll always be able to check the progress of your inquiry by viewing your open tickets.
Viewing an open ticket
While your ticket is open, you can view progress through the support website. If you need to give further information, add comments to the open ticket, instead of raising a new one. If you add new tickets, it makes it difficult for our support team to track all the information relating to a problem.
1. Login to the support site (http://support.wandisco.com) and click on View tickets.
2. You'll see a list of your open tickets. To view a ticket, click on the Ticket Title.
3. You'll now see your ticket information. Responses will appear below your initial ticket information. From here you can add further information to an open ticket, or you can reply to a response you've received from our support team. Once you're satisfied that your issue has been resolved, you should close the ticket.
Updating a ticket
To add more information, or reply to support, click the Post Reply button and add your comment.
You can update the priority and status of an open ticket. To update the priority, use the drop-down box to choose a new priority level, then click Update.
Closing a ticket
To close a ticket, select Closed from the status drop-down box, then click Update. If you don't reply to a ticket that's been sent back to you, it will automatically be closed after 5 days.
Last edit: mlucas 20th September 2012